6 Things to do before moving out
Moving always remains a frenetic and stressful task. In the middle of your moving stress, there might chance that you disremember to do an essential thing or two. That is why Best Movers works with a checklist to assist you out.
- Get a moving service
For the sake of peace of mind, it’s important to book a moving service in advance. It will help you to focus on other things ahead of you, even packing things for you.
When: Booking 1 or 2 weeks before moving.
How: Search services online and get quotes from various movers.
- Transfer your various connection services
To change your current address to a new one, take some of your time to visit your nearest Etisalat and put an appeal for assign your account to your new address or you can cancel the old one.
When: 2 days before.
- A soft copy of your ID card or passport.
- Pay a minor fee for the transfer, the fee relies on the facilities you want to transfer.
- The technician will visit your new location in 1 or 4 of the upcoming days.
- Discontinue your DEWA account
Always keep in mind to disconnect your DEWA account before moving, it is very important because if you don’t do it, bills will last to receive to your name even after you have quitted the old house.
When: a week before the move.
- A copy of the ID card or passport and previous bills.
- Submit your form online or visit the nearest office.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail or letter with the final bill, after 2 – 3 days of processing.
- After receiving the final bill, pay it immediately to ensure no further bills to your name.
- Get a moving permit from your building
There are some areas in Dubai that need special permits for moving in and out. Obtain that permits according to the building supervisor.
When: A week before your moving, discuss the moving out a procedure with the building supervisor.
How: Different developments have different procedures for issuing the permit. For Dubai, it’s generally they require a passport and visa copy in advance before issuing you the grant.
- Restore the house to its original condition
Your landlord will not give your deposit back to you if you do not recover the property to its original position. You need to restore his house to the condition when you were moved in first. For this purpose, you need to hire some painters and cleaning services before the day you move. Make sure you remove everything before leaving, otherwise you will not get you to deposit back and the owner has the right to charge for removal service.
When: 1 to 2 days before the move and hand overring the keys.
- Get your deposit back
After restoring the property, ask your landlord to pay back your deposit beforehand overring the keys. Your landlord should not charge you anything extra and should pay back you in full. Say goodbye in a good manner.
Contact us for any kind of you moving. We have expertise in best movers and packers in Dubai sector of more than 13 years. Our moving services are in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and all across the UAE. We offer a wide range of relocation at nominal rates. Call on +971 55 61 63 054.